Frequently Asked Questions About Fitness Programs With Moving With Jac

Common questions I encounter with clients considering my services as a certified physical therapist assistant and certified personal trainer include the following. If you have questions that are not answered here, please feel free to call (863) 840-2408 or Contact Me to get your questions answered.

What Do Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) Do?

Level of education.
  • Physical therapists must have a bachelor's degree in a science (e.g. biology or chemistry) and then obtain a DPT, or Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from a university that is accredited for physical therapists.
  • Physical therapy assistants require a 2-year (5-semester) degree, also from an accredited PTA program.
Writing official therapy plans.
  • A physical therapist's education qualifies them to write physical therapy plans that may be required by referring doctors, employers, insurance companies, or to obtain government assistance for an injury or disability.
  • A physical therapy assistant's education allows for most of the same day-to-day activities as a physical therapist in terms of working with clients (i.e. performing manual therapy on clients and providing one-on-one physical therapy sessions). However, a physical therapy assistant (PTA) certification does not allow signing off on official plans.
Team Roles.
  • In an office with both a PT and PTA, the PT is the supervisor. The PTA works closely with clients, reports on progress, and gives key insights for recommended treatment plans to the supervising PT. The PT then makes their own adjustments as needed and signs off on an official therapy plan.
How Is Moving With Jac Different From Physical Therapy?
As stated above, since I am not a fully certified physical therapist, but instead an assistant, I still have training for and am confident in my knowledge of different types of physical therapy. I also am experienced in applying the right practices for each of my clients.

Additionally, since I am also a certified personal trainer, I have added skills in ensuring proper exercise technique and safety with my clients as they workout both in our sessions and in their own follow-up.

Last, but not least, I bring my services to you as a mobile personal trainer instead of requiring you to go to a physical therapy office.  Many times physical therapy patients will work with a physical therapist and transition to a personal trainer, or work with both at the same time.  I am able to use my extended training to help you make progress in your strength and fitness in a safe and effective way.
How Much Does Personal Training With Jac Cost?
I am a much more affordable option than traditional physical therapy. Most physical therapists charge anywhere from $100 - $150 per session. My sessions, however, are only $40 to $50 per 60-minute session, depending on the number of sessions you prefer each week. I refer to these packages as 'memberships' with Moving With Jac.
  • 1 session per week = $200 per month ($50 per session)
  • 2 sessions per week = $360 a month ($45 per session)
  • 3 sessions per week = $480 a month ($40 per session)

While I make arrangements with clients on a recurring monthly basis, you may cancel or change your monthly plan at any time for no charge
How Do I Pay For My Membership at Moving With Jac?
I accept cash, checks, and credit/debit cards.
Physical fitness for senior citizen living in the Sebring, Florida
Physical fitness for senior citizen living in the Sebring, Florida


If you are a senior citizen living in the Sebring, Florida area and are interested in increasing your muscle strength, improving your balance, stamina, and mobility, or need help with recovery from an injury or a joint replacement surgery, please call!

Call (863) 840-2408 or Contact Me to learn more about how I can help you live a less painful, active life through joyful fitness therapy.